Moleskine Pen+ Ellipse Pen+ Ellipse Smart Writing System
- Top quality ink pen
- Immediate response from ink pen to application
Pen combines tactile writing having a digital interface.
For several years now, I’ve attempted to locate a good middle ground between writing having a classic paper and pen and also the digital world. I’ve labored with Styluses as well as the Apple Pencil, which will come not far from what sort of pen really feels in writing but nothing has ever made the grade. That’s — until I met the Pen+ Ellipse by Moleskine.
The Pen+ Ellipse belongs to a good writing system by Moleskine that utilizes an ink-based pen and Ncoded paper technology to capture hands-written notes instantly. The pen includes a similar design towards the Moleskine Classic Pens and features a clip in order that it can affix to the coverage associated with a notebook. The Pen+ Ellipse works together with Moleskine Paper Tablets and Smart Planners. The Ncoded paper lets the pen recognize individual pages. The Pen+ Ellipse helps you to save and store all your writings and sketches in your smartphone or tablet. The Pen+ Ellipse has a USB cable for charging, one pen tip ink refill, and also the Volant XS Starter Journal.
Additionally towards the abilities from the pen, the application provides additional functionality. The notes you develop in writing are instantly used in the Moleskine Notes application. You are able to store, find, edit, and share your digitized notes. Your strokes are concurrently taken in to the application (as lengthy because the pen is linked to your phone). You can use tags to help keep ideas organized, edit the important points using colors and highlighting, sync the important points to Google Drive and Evernote, and you may add real-time audio tracks in to the Moleskine application and sync notes right out the application.
Capabilities (from application description)
- Digital Storage: Moleskine Pen+ is really a smartpen that writes in writing but additionally mirrors into smart devices. Pressure recognition of pen tip is extremely sensitive. So that your handwritten notes and sketches have as much detail as the physical ones!
- Transcribe & Search handwritten notes: Your handwritten notes can transcribe into digital text through MyScript’s engine. When the handwritten text is transcribed into digital text, you are able to export the information, tag content, or search by note pages. Your research results displays notes on screen.
- Easy Share: Your handwritten contents could be shared through the application and SNS, and could be sent an e-mail with a single pen-action.
- Record & Playback: Playback the pen stroke data or even the audio file that’s synced using the strokes. An electronic form of your stroke data and audio is going to be kept in the Application and will also be accessible where you go. When you record your voice during writing, you are able to replay your written notes and recorded voice concurrently based on the timeline.
- Data reproduction: Your drawing could be exported inside a scale-able image format, namely SVG or PNG or Digital, which enables you to definitely reproduce them.
- Memory: Moleskine Pen+ can store as much as 1,000 pages (5 Notebooks) alone without having to be linked to smart devices. When you connect Moleskine Pen+ to some smart device, the application will instantly archive the notes by date, location and page.
After I began while using Moleskine writing system, I must admit which i had a little tripped up. I wasn’t sure exactly ways to get began. The pen was regrettably uncharged after i unboxed it. I actually do love the straightforward red gift-style box the pen is kept in and revel in the Micro USB cable for charging it’s also housed there. Initially, I merely began writing a couple of notes – such things as “This may be the first note with my new Moleskine Smart Writing Set” and “This is my new pen and notebook” just to test the pen. I’ve always loved getting variations of pens available for the way they write. So far as the pen goes, it writes really nicely. It has an even medium-fine tip and also the ink arrives easily. I’ve not had any difficulties with the pen stuttered — for insufficient a much better word — in writing.
So far as connectivity towards the application goes, the pen stays connected once the application is opened up. When it isn’t, the pen will record conntacting upload towards the application later. I’ve submitted one half a webpage of writing as much as five pages of conntacting the application previously. The mixture from the mechanical writing from the paper and pen and also the digital application is really a match produced in paradise. Moleskine designed it perfectly and also the system works!
I’ve been impressed using the responsiveness from the pen/application combo. Once the pen is attached to the application, the information transfers over immediately and also the new writing seems perfectly. Another feature I had been apprehensive of was the handwriting to text function. I’ve used this before along with other apps with little success. So, I did not think it might work nicely within this situation either. I’m pleased to state that I had been mistaken. Sometimes my handwriting can be very untidy particularly when I recieve rushed. Printed letters will sometimes meld along with cursive ones and so i really didn’t expect for that application so that you can translate my writing well. I’ve incorporated a good example below of some notes I authored in regards to a product I had been testing. You can observe the translation alongside it. I’d express it involved 86% accurate. I only saw 6 words which were incorrect from the 42 words which i authored in the instance. It seemed like was most likely the very best I’ve seen handwriting-to-text recognition be.
Personally i think the Moleskine Pen+ Ellipse Smart Writing Product is most likely the very best digital/old-fashioned combination that I have seen. I recieve the pleasure of writing having a real ink pen using the modern ease of digital notes. Despite the fact that you will find e-ink options available, I much prefer getting a genuine pen within my hands.
To learn more, visit moleskine.com.
Find Moleskine on Twitter and facebook.
Sign Up For Our E-newsletter
Join our subscriber list to get the most recent reviews, news, and updates in the MacSources team.
MacSources won’t ever junk e-mail you. Receive new articles daily!
Remember to love us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
You’ve Effectively Subscribed!
I appear to possess obtained a defective unit and Moleskine customer care is terrible. There are more reports of defective units and much more reports of bad customer care. Be cautious available.
Submit a remark Cancel reply